Role: Executive – Legal
Experience required: 03-5 Years
Job Location: Mumbai
No. of Positions: 1 No
Employment Type: Full-time
Qualification: Must be a Commerce Graduate from a reputed University. Possess Master in Law (LLB/LLM).
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Ability to plan and coordinate work to meet critical deadlines and changing priorities from within and outside the section.
- Ability to evaluate accounting problems of moderate difficulty and to analyze and interpret less complex accounting records and reports.
- Analyze situations quickly and objectively and determine proper course of action.
- Fluency in English is a must and able to communicate in Hindi also.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contracts and Documentation:- Drafting, reviewing commercial agreements, lease deeds, leave and license agreements, Agency Contracts, Transporter Agreements , MOUs, NDA Agreement , Notices, Letter of Intent, Power of Attorney, Bank Guarantees, Various Undertakings, Indemnity, ECB documents, banking Term Loan, Memorandum of entry, Declaration , Deed of Guarantee , Working capital Consortium documents etc., and evaluating and advising on its legal impact, risk assessment and incorporating necessary mitigation clauses.
- Prepare and reply legal notices of group companies Coordinate with Company’s advocate and keep posting status of various legal matters of group companies time to time to the management.
- Drafting and vetting of plaints, applications, written statements, Verification, counter affidavits, reply and rejoinders, which is required to be filed before Courts, Authorities etc.
- Effective litigation management in respect of Corporate, Civil & Criminal cases relating to money recovery cases.
- Visiting and attending proceedings before Criminal Courts and Regulatory Authorities, etc. for resolving legal issues.
- Liaison/Court Cases to prepare brief on legal issues and the legal position. Interacting with external legal counsels and senior counsels for opinions and initiating appropriate legal proceedings.
- Filing and defending civil, criminal, litigations against the Company before Statutory authorities and Courts.
- Keep active liaison with courts, Shop & establishment department, office of the collector of Stamps Mumbai, Joint Sub Registrar office through consultant in Mumbai for company adjudication matters and stamp duty refund matter and property registration.
- Keep Record of Company’s Mortgaged Land & related papers, 1&IV Extracts, Nil Encumbrance Certificate, Title search Reports, Title investigation reports from SBI Empaneled lawyer with active coordination with Daman plant counterparts.
- Keep Record of Group companies property documents and Home Loan documents and Banking documents.
- Arranging NOC and Pari passu letter for fresh Term Loan /Working Capital from Consortium bankers in coordination with finance department.
- Ensure the appropriate Coverage of Fixed Assets of company , Marine Sales Turnover Insurance, Eraction insurance , Container insurance ,Capital Goods insurance , Employers liability insurance (Workman Compensation ), Motor insurance (Plant & H.O ), Office package insurance in consultation with operations department and attending related insurance claim , appointment of surveyor , Providing necessary documents to surveyor , follow up with surveyor for survey report , Co ordination with our plant officials & Transporter person & our insurance broker for related issues .
- Drafting of Monetary claim on Transporter in inland Road transit and procuring damage certificate.
- Preparation of final claim bill, filing of claim bill with required documents and follow with Claim Hub of insurance company & with claim assessing authority of claim, procuring discharge voucher & subrogation letter to insurance company.
- Submission of fixed assets coverage to Bankers, Declarations to insurance company for various insurance in coordination with import dept & accounts dept and plant official during the year.
- Renewal, enhancement and endorsement in various insurance policies, company licenses/Certificates during the year.
- Time to time Visit at company’s property as per management instructions.
- Attending SNCL related issues.
- All other misc. matters assigned by management time to time.
Salary: As per company standards.
Travel: Candidate should be flexible and ready to travel anywhere.